Saturday, March 26, 2016

The One-Year Twenty-Five Book Overture




The ante is up for me, I am challenging myself to read 25 books (hopefully more?) this year. I also intend to give my 2 cents about the respective books I read and hope that you might be able to glean a thing or two with the reviews.

There is no preset list, I will just have to add and update the list as I go along because that’s how I roll, and so far I have finished the following:

LIST:

1. (January) The Elegance of a Hedgehog, Muriel Barbery
2. (February, March) War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
3. (March) The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, Joel Dickson
4. (March) Cooking with Fernet Branca, James Hamilton Paterson
5. (April) Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia-Marquez
6. (April) The Sisters Brothers, Patrick DeWitt
7. (May) The Book Thief, Marcus Zusak
8. (May) The Natural History of the Senses, Diane Ackerman
9. (May, June) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Jules Verne  
10. (June) Blindness, José Saramago
11. (July) Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
12. (July) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Annie Barrows, Mary Anne Shaffer
13. (August) Balzac and the Little Seamstress, Dai Sijie
14. (August, September) Kitchen Confidential, Anthony Bourdain
15. (September) The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden, Jonas Johansson
16. (September) The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
17. (October) The Old Curiosity Shop, Charles Dickens
18. (October) Cousin Bette, Honoré de Balzac 
19. (October, November) Persuasion, Jane Austen  
20. (November, December) Little Bee or The Other Hand (UK), Chris Cleave
21. (December) Romola, George Eliot
22. (December) A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
23. (December) Sign of the Four, Arthur Conan Doyle
24. (December) A Study in Scarlet, Arthur Conon Doyle     
  
 
The piece on War and Peace is in the previous entry. I will submit the reviews for the other books in the succeeding blog posts. So, let's go!




No comments:

Post a Comment